Sun, 18 June|
Check schedule for changes
TRAINING HIKES - VARIOUS DATES & LOCATIONS
Train with the trainer. These training hikes will be more challenging and designed for people who want to level up their hiking training, get ready for pack hiking adventures, or just explore nature in the safety of a group.
Time & Location
18 June, 8:00 am – 10:30 am
Check schedule for changes, Mornington Peninsula, VIC, Australia
About the Event
Training hikes are the best way to learn from a hike-specific personal trainer and benefit from green exercise. Research shows that exercising outdoors holds significant benefits for our physical, psychological, and spiritual health.
Holistic hikes will more than improve your hiking fitness. It will improve your mental health, providing pragmatic and informative actionable steps to greater well-being through a holistic approach.
Faster-paced, these hikes are a little more challenging and will run approx. 3-4hours.
Join our monthly hikes to improve your cardiovascular training, build strength, and help develop a solid mindset.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• 10-14km hike in diverse locations across the Mornington Peninsula
• Hills/ Stairs - to work on ascents/descents and informative feedback on accurate muscle activation with hike-specific personal training tips; functional movement, proprioception, ballistic techniques, injury prevention + more
• Recovery approaches specific to you and your circumstances
• Sports nutritional support and advice from a qualified professional
• Mindset, motivation, and discipline principles to create the life you want
• Ecotherapy-based practices for anxiety/ stress relief, immune boost, and more
• Experienced local knowledge providing safety and support in a group setting
• Small groups (max 10) to deepen connection to nature, and wildlife encounters and reduce the environmental impact that large groups create.
• Connect with attuned individuals that love hiking, camping, and nature
Providing a diverse and extensive knowledge base, this is your opportunity to ask me anything.
I am a Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Eco-therapist, Tour guide, and Mindfulness & Health Coach.
If you are looking to improve your fitness and connect with the safety of the group whilst conscious of the environmental impact, these training hikes will tick the boxes, inspire, and motivate you whilst exploring the great outdoors.
Ideal for those participating in the HIKE FIT program and those who are keen to challenge themselves on an overnight pack hike.
• 1.5L + water
• Food/ Snacks for the hike
• Money as we may stop for a coffee afterward
• Any medication- Ventolin, epi-pen, etc
• Appropriate weather gear - rain jackets, hats, sunnies, etc
• Email will be sent upon booking with Google map meeting location or any updates
• First aid is provided
• Hiking poles can be borrowed
• Registration is required as numbers are capped at 10 max (more intimate)
• By registering, I am aware of any injuries or health notes to safely ensure that you can participate
• Subject to cancellation based on severe weather - where possible a replacement day will be scheduled.
• Meet on location 10mins prior to departure. Any late arrivals will forfeit fee.
Greens Bush - approx 12km
A winter wander through the picturesque bushland wedge that trails part of the Two Bays Track.
Arthur's Seat. Starting at the base of the Bunurong track. Approx 10km
This hike provides a challenging climb to the summit of Arthurs Seat with an extended walk to Kings fall and return.
Poles are provided for those who wish to learn techniques of ascent and descent.
Bushrangers Bay - meeting at Cape Schanck Lighthouse car park. Approx 10km. Expect hills, sandy trails, and cooler conditions so dress appropriately.
Arthurs Seat State Park - Boundary Rd loop. Moderate/hard hike approx 8km.
Dromana Pier Start locations. Bay Trail and sandy barefoot walk with a swim to cool off.
If you've enrolled in HIKE FIT PROGRAM or Booked an Overnight hike, remember to enter your code for FREE access to training hikes.
Like a personal training session with the HIKER in mind. The ultimate hike training with a professional hiking personal trainer - with years of experience, qualification, and a born and bred Mornington Peninsula local. This is your ticket to unlimited information to help you on your next adventure or to provide safety in the group.